Empowered IT Solutions Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the Empowered IT Solutions website (the “Service”). We respects the privacy of its users and recognizes the importance of protecting the information you provide to us over the Internet. This page informs you of our policies regarding how we collect, use, and share of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Our website at www.empoweredITsolutions.com, and any versions optimized for viewing on a wireless or table device (the “Website”);
- All email newsletter that we publish or distribute, and all products and services that we make available or provide (collectively, the “Services”); and
- All other interactive features and communications that we provide, operate, or make available no matter how accesses or used (collectively, the “Features”).
What Kind of Data is Processed?
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
While using our Website and/or Services, we ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Postal address;
- Demographic information
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Through our partners we collect data relating to your online activity on our Website, including the following:
- IP address;
- Browser type and version;
- Type of device you use, operating system version, and device identifier;
- Geographic location;
- Pages you view;
- How you got to our Website and/or Services and any links you click on to leave;
- When you update your information, communicate with us, or order new Services;
- Metadata about your use of our Services and emails we send to you (including clicks and opens);
- Metadata about how your customers, contacts, and users interact with the Services we provide you;
- Your interactions with any videos we offer;
- Issues you encounter requiring our support or assistance; and
- Any device or other method of communication you use to interact with the Services.
We store the data we collect in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back end databases and analytics systems.
Information from Social Media
We collect information from third party social networking sites, including information that they provide to us if you use your credentials at such social networking sites to log into some of our Services (such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form).
The information you allow us to access varies by social networking site, and depends on the level of privacy settings you have in place at the social networking site. You can control and find out more about these privacy settings at the applicable social networking site.
Information from Other Sources
We also collect the following information from other sources:
- Information you provide to us at seminars or to our partners;
- Information you provide to us in surveys;
- Information that is publicly available;
- Information you consent to us receiving from third parties; and
- Information that you provide during your telephone conversations with us.
We may combine any information we collect about you with other information we have about you to help us update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
Tracking Cookies Data
For What Purpose is the Data Collected?
Empowered IT Solution uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Services;
- To notify you about changes to our Services;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer support;
- To diagnose problems with our servers or our Services;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Services;
- To monitor the usage of our Services;
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues; and
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Duration of Processing
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
How Do we Protect your Information?
Disclosure to Third Parties
We use a select number of trusted external service providers for certain technical data analysis, processing and/or storage offerings. These service providers are carefully selected and meet high data protection and security standards. We only share information with them that is required for the services.
Occasionally, we enter into contracts with carefully selected third parties to assist us in servicing you (for example, providing you with customer service, access to advertising assets and providing us with information technology and storage services) or to assist us in our own marketing and advertising activities (including providing us with analytic information and search engine optimization services). Additional information about certain third-party service providers we share personal information with is available here. Our contracts with such third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for any purpose beyond the purpose for which it was shared.
Under certain circumstances, Empowered IT Solutions Inc. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Empowered IT Solutions Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Empowered IT Solutions Inc.;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public;
- To protect against legal liability.
You have a right to be informed of Personal Data processed by Empowered IT Solutions Inc. a right to rectification/correction, erasure, and restriction of processing. You also have the right to receive a structured, common, and machine-readable format of Personal Data you provided to us.
We can only identify you via your email address and we can only adhere to your request and provide information if we have Personal Data about you through you having contacted us directly and/or you using our Website and/or Services. We cannot provide, rectify or delete any data that we store on behalf of our users or customers.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out prior to withdrawing it. Whenever you withdraw consent, you acknowledge and accept that this may have a negative influence on the quality of the Website and/or Services. You further agree that Empowered IT Solutions Inc. shall not be held liable with respect to any loss and/or damage to your Personal Data if you choose to withdraw consent.
In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your jurisdiction.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signals when you use interact with our website or online services, at this time, our website does not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California resident to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such request, please contact our team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links To Other Sites
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Consent To Transfer
The Website is operated in the United States. If you are located in the EU or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Website, participating in any of our Services, and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.